Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Waikiki Aquarium

Rich had a morning free and we walked to the Waikiki Aquarium. It's about a mile from the hotel, but it's a nice walk. Waikiki is very touristy with lots of shopping. I'm not much for shopping, but most of the stores had already started decorating for Christmas and it was fun to take in the store window decorations. It also felt a little odd seeing mannequins with scarves and hats when it was 80 degrees out.


The aquarium has been there for over 100 years! Its exhibits focus on the aquatic life of the tropical Pacific. There was a lot of information about the different types of coral and how they grow and survive. I kind of wish I'd seen this before I'd gone snorkeling as I might have had a better appreciation for the coral and not focused just on the fish. Next trip, right?


 On our way back I snapped this pic of a banyan tree in a park. Isn't it amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment