Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hula Lessons!

The hotel that we stayed at offers free hula lessons on some weekday mornings. How could I go to Hawaii and not learn how to hula, right? It was a lot of fun. The young woman teaching spent about 45 minutes telling us about traditional and modern hula, and some of the implements used. Here's a dorky picture of me posing with some of the implements.

After that we were ready to get started. She taught us a few basic steps and some hand motions. Then, we learned choreography for a hawaiian song which I don't remember. While I had a ton of fun I have to say that I have never felt so uncoordinated and ungraceful in my entire life! There were about 15 of us and we all put our cameras on a table so that a hotel staff employee could take pictures for us. He snapped several pictures with each camera. Here's one of them. Do you see me? No? I'm behind the really cute girl in the middle of the front row. You can see just a little of the bright pink blouse that I'm wearing.

While he took pictures from different angles, in most of them I'm behind somebody. At first I was a little upset about it, but then I realized that I have proof that I took hula lessons without anyone seeing just how uncoordinated I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment