Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay

The next day we got up early and went to Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve to go snorkeling. We didn't take our digital camera because we knew we'd be having to leave it unattended on the beach. We couldn't have taken it into the water, but it would have been nice to get a few pictures of the bay. We brought a disposable underwater camera with us to take pictures while snorkeling. We could have probably taken a few pictures of the bay and the beach with it, but we used up the entire camera taking pictures of fish. Unfortunately, the pictures did not come out. I was really hoping that I'd have lots of amazing pictures to put into a web album, but only a couple are even worth sharing.

While I'm disappointed with the pictures, I am in no way disappointed with the experience. It was so incredibly amazing! I had never snorkeled before and was a little nervous about it. It only took a few minutes to figure it out and be comfortable breathing through a tube. The hardest part was getting in and out of the water with fins on!

We saw so many beautiful fish in colors that I never would have believed. We saw a sea turtle which was pretty exciting also. Here are the not-so-great pictures. You'll get the idea. The school of fish pictures are especially of poor quality, but I had to share them. Can you even imagine how incredible it was to see that up close and personal? I can barely believe I got to see it myself.








We spent four hours there. When we got back to the hotel, we took showers and immediately crashed. We had had such a great time that we hadn't even realized how exhausted we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment