Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Guess Where I Was?

I've written 10 posts in the past week and am still barely to the middle of November. At the rate I'm going I'll be lucky to catch up before the end of the year!

Well, here we are in the middle of November and it's getting a little cold in the DC area. Well, maybe not cold to the people who live here, but cold for someone from the southwest. I've lived in cold places before, but it's been quite a while. Anyway, not to worry because for the next week and a half I was going with Rich to a conference in...<drumroll>...HAWAII!

I'd never been to Hawaii and was so looking forward to going. The conference was being held on Oahu at a hotel in Waikiki . The only thing I wasn't looking forward to was the long flight there. We stopped in Dallas with about an hour to wait. Lots of shops at the Dallas airport. I don't remember what store this was, but I had to snap a picture of one of the mannequins. I can't decide if it's amusing or disturbing. :)

From Dallas to Honolulu, it was an eight hour flight. The flight was absolutely full and I had a middle seat. I dozed some, read some, watched one of the movies (Mamma Mia) and dozed and read some more. I didn't think we were ever going to get there. We finally landed and I was so excited I could barely contain myself. While I was waiting for the baggage, Rich went to check on the rental car and came back with a lei! Can you see how excited I am?

Happy Birthday, Kristina!

No comments:

Post a Comment