Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Pumpkins

I had been dreading the flight back to DC, but it turned out to not be too bad. I think because it was broken up into shorter segments it made traveling so much easier. Our longest stretch was from Honolulu to LA which was only a little over 5 hours. Compared to the 8-1/2 hour flight from Dallas to Honolulu on the way out it was an easy flight.


Besides all the fun things I've posted about we had a great time relaxing on the beach, walking around Waikiki looking at the shops (I hate shopping, but I loved looking at some of the windows already decorated for the holidays), and trying out some of the local restaurants. I made it to two fabric stores, read two books and completed 7 more pumpkins.


We had such a great time, but were so happy to get back to DC. We got back in Tuesday morning (before Thanksgiving) to find that most of the leaves that I'd been admiring in the previous weeks had fallen off the trees. It was such a such a stark difference from when we'd left, but especially from the tropical setting we'd just been enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment