Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Parade



Did you know that I like parades? No? How did you miss it? I mentioned it in this post, this post, this post and this post. But you know what? Rich doesn't like parades all that much. He only goes along to humor me. I love that about him.


But today, he wasn't budging. His back was bothering him and there was no way he was going to sit on a curb and watch a parade just to humor me. Sigh. I guess I really can't blame him. But, I wasn't going to miss it. I'm only here for a year and I'm on a mission to get to as many places and see as many things as I can. And that includes parades.


Besides all the usual military marching groups you'd expect to see in a Memorial Day parade, I liked all the reenactment groups that were in this one. I especially liked this Civil War group. There were a lot of women in period costume following them, but they were a little spread out and I couldn't get a good picture.


 There were also a gazillion high school bands. I almost missed this one and barely got the picture snapped. I can't believe it! This is the high school that my oldest son graduated from! He was even a part of this band! It was a nice surprise to see them in the parade.


Bagpipes are always fun. I love listening to them. Well, when they're performing as a large group anyway. We once had a neighbor who used to practice out in his backyard every day after work. He wasn't so much fun to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment