Friday, January 6, 2012

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - Ribbon Star

A long time ago (2006? 2007?) I started making blocks for Jennifer Chiaverini's Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt. The quilt was made by characters in Jennifer's novel, The Master Quilter. There are 140 six-inch blocks in the quilt and I was following along with an online group of ladies that were making one block a week. Then, in mid-2008 we moved to Arlington, VA (which is when I originally started my blog) and a year later we moved back to Albuquerque. Eight months later we moved back to Arlington, VA and a few months later we moved into the home we're currently living in. All that moving around and I kind of set aside my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler project. I have 85 of the blocks done and this year I plan to pick it up again and make one block a week. If I keep at it I'll have all the blocks done in just over a year. To start the year off I picked this one, E-7 Ribbon Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment