Saturday, May 9, 2009

Out on the Prairie

When I think of Florida I think beaches, sunshine, humidity. I don't think prairies. Kristina took us on a walk along La Chua Trail in Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park. Prairies in Florida? Who knew?

I love the spanish moss hanging from this tree.

This is Lake Wauberg. Isn't it beautiful?

Take a closer look. There were quite a few gators out and about.

I don't know what kind of birds these are, but they blended in with the marsh so well I almost missed them. 

I almost missed this guy too.

I love the depth of field in this shot. It was completely by accident. Whenever I try to do this on purpose it never comes out. I hope to figure it out one day.


I've seen so few wild turkeys in my life. I'm always surprised at how small they are. Not like Thanksgiving turkeys at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment