Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kiss Me! I'm Irish!

Well, no, I'm not. Mom has done some extensive research on our family history and claims to have a drop of Irish blood. That means I only have half a drop. But everybody's Irish on St. Patrick's Day, right?

I know I've told you a couple of times now that I love parades. So, of course I had to get myself down to the St. Patrick's Day parade, right? It was pretty chilly (in the low 40s) and drizzly. There was still a good crowd and people were having fun. We had fun. But we couldn't stay until the end, we were just too cold and damp. I don't think we missed very much though. We walked a couple of blocks to have something to eat and it wasn't long before the place was super crowded because the parade was over.


Put on a green outfit and a few green accessories on your horse and carriage and you're ready!



Bagpipes and kilts are Scottish, not Irish. Close enough?



The Nationals Presidents crack me up every time I see them.



These little girls did some Irish dancing and were just too cute.



We even saw a leprechaun!


No comments:

Post a Comment