Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rolling Thunder



I've heard of Rolling Thunder, but had never actually seen one of their demonstration rides. At noon Rich and I were sitting on Memorial Bridge when the first riders turned onto the bridge going toward the Lincoln Memorial. I have no idea how many motorcyclists there were. Tens of thousands?



Rolling Thunder is dedicated to helping American veterans from all wars. They have over 90 chapters across the country. I always thought you had to be a veteran to be a member, but you don't. You do have to be dedicated to their cause. You have to be willing to volunteer your time. And, you must be present in Washington, DC on Memorial Day weekend.


You don't have to have a motorcycle to participate. But I think it would be a lot more fun if you did.


We watched for 45 minutes. I don't know how much longer it went on, but I'd bet it was a couple of hours. I think our ears will be ringing the rest of the day. If I ever get to see them again, I'll remember to bring ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment