Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Little Needed Inspiration

I haven't been getting much done on my projects lately. I could blame it on being too busy, or not having the space that I'm used to, but the truth is I've just been in a funk. I decided that I need to spend a little time with other quilters. Seeing other people's projects always gets me inspired to work on my own. So, last week I attended the Quilter's Unlimited Springfield Chapter meeting. What a wonderful group of ladies! There are other chapters that meet closer, but I wanted a group that met in the mornings. From their chapter page, this group is very, very active. Just what I need.

Last week's meeting had a presentation by Heidi Thayer, a certified teacher of the Cotton Theory Method. I had never heard of this reversible, quilt-as-you-go technique, but it sure looked interesting. I won't be able to make all the meetings between now and the end of the year because of visitors and traveling, but I'm really looking forward to being a part of this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment