Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Albuquerque Wrap-Up

Dad and Bob both left over the next couple of days. I had just a few more days before leaving Albuquerque. I was able to get together with a group of friends who sit and stitch on Thursday evenings. I went to my LQS Saturday Sampler class. I went to brunch with my friends Olive and Liz to celebrate Liz's birthday. I was able to attend an Applique Society meeting. And my friend Anna had me over for dinner one night. It was so much fun to catch up with everyone. I hardly felt like I'd been gone.

While I was in Albuquerque I finished another block for my Thru Grandmother's Window quilt. And, I finished six more pumpkins for the pumpkin quilt. That means I'm already a quarter of the way through my pumpkins. They are so much fun and they really are quick to do.


One last thing, on Columbus Day I went and voted early. It was super organized and there was practically no wait. I don't know if that's still the case now that we're closer to the election, but I encourage everyone to check into voting early. Back here in Arlington County I've been by one of the early voting sites (it's in the same building as the library) a couple of times and the lines are long. Who knows what it will be like on election day?

No comments:

Post a Comment