Friday, October 31, 2008

Another DC Race

I just had to get this post up today being that it's Halloween and all. Tuesday night Rich and I went to the High Heel Race. Just what is the High Heel Race, you ask? Drag queens. Elaborate Costumes. High Heels. They race about 3 blocks for the Silver Slipper Trophy. The race isn't the fun part though. The fun part is before the race as they parade up and down the street. There were a few sequined gowns, a few racy costumes, but mostly theme costumes. There were a lot of Sarah Palins, one with price tags hanging off her clothes, another carrying a baby doll. Being night time, my pictures were mostly blurry, but I'll share a few. It was amazing that anyone could walk in some of the shoes I saw, forget about running a few blocks. Rich and I were lucky enough to end up right by the finish line and I have video of the end of the race. The video actually came out better than the pictures. I'll post it as soon as I figure out how. Maybe this weekend. A call to JC just might be in order. But, being Halloween I wanted to get the rest of this posted.















































No comments:

Post a Comment