Friday, September 12, 2008

World War II Memorial and Washington Monument


The weather was so beautiful on Wednesday, that I decided I should be outdoors and headed for The National Mall. It's a great place to people watch. It was around lunch time and there were lots of people sight-seeing, strolling, power-walking, jogging, sitting on benches eating their lunch and just sitting on the grass soaking up the sun.

I hadn't been to any of the monuments or memorials yet and figured it was the perfect day for it.

Here are some pics from the World War II Memorial.

Looking through the WWII Memorial to the Lincoln Memorial

One of the entrances

One of 24 different bronze bas-relief panels

A pillar for every state and territory

Looking across

And, a few of/from the Washington Monument.

The Washington Monument

A statue of George inside the monument

The tile floor in front of the elevator

Facing north: The White House

Standing at a corner and looking up
This made me very dizzy!

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing! Every picture you post has me saying "I want to go there...and there... and there..." I don't know how I'm gonna choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bri! I'm starting to get more comfortable with the camera. And of course a little bit of cropping works wonders.

    Who says you have to choose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie and I are in the same boat. We're trying to plan out what we're going to do, LOL!

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! When you and Marie come for a visit, we'll just have to go everywhere and do everything!

    ReplyDelete