Monday, September 22, 2008

My Pumpkin Patch

I'm not really growing pumpkins. Remember these orange fabrics I showed you before we left Albuquerque? Now that we are officially into fall, this past week I took a short break from my Thru Grandmother's Window blocks to get a little work done on a pumpkin quilt. The pattern is When the Frost in on the Pumpkin from the book Country Quilts for Friends by Margaret Peters and Anne Sutton.

I was only going to trace the pumpkins onto the background fabric. But then, I thought I might as well baste a few of the stems on so they'd be ready to go when I had a few minutes. Well, after doing that I just had to do a couple of the pumpkins to see how they'd look, right? Here are the first six:

I think they're going to be a lot of fun. The only problem I see is that the background fabric may show through on some of the lighter pumpkin fabrics. Once I have them all done and put together I may cut out the background fabric from behind the pumpkins. I don't usually do this when I appliqué, but will probably do it on this quilt. 
I wonder if I can actually have them done before fall is over. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful I just can't get enough of orange fabric.No kidding they look great Olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Olive! I'm having fun with them as they are so quick and simple to do.

    ReplyDelete