Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

Before leaving San Francisco on Saturday, Bob took us up to Twin Peaks, two hills right in the center of San Francisco with beautiful views of the city and the bay. It's a pretty popular place. During the time we were there half a dozen tour buses came and went. Here's a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge from the top of one of the hills. If you click on the picture it'll come up larger and you'll see it better.

Next stop, Lombard Street! We didn't actually drive down it. We considered it, briefly. Cars were backed up for several blocks to take the drive down "the crookedest street in the world." And, I did have a plane to catch. So instead, Bob drove by and we hopped out to take a few pics. Yes, I was standing in the middle of the street, but hey, isn't that a great shot?

We decided to grab some lunch before heading to the airport. On the drive there we passed lots of buildings that had the most beautiful murals. I thought I was taking pictures of them, but when I downloaded all my pictures they weren't there. Hmm, I guess I need to find out what that little flashing red light means on my camera. This is the only one that I got. It's a beautiful tile mosaic.
We stopped at Mr. Pickle's Sandwich Shop in the Mission District for lunch. Didn't think I could go a whole blog post without mentioning food, did you? These were really great sandwiches. And the bread was really good, fresh-baked bread. Did I mention that these were really great sandwiches? Here's Bri and I with our new friend, Mr. Pickle. Actually, I think his name should be SeƱor Pickle what with the sombrero and being in the The Mission and all.



I was flying out of Oakland, so as we crossed the Bay Bridge on the way to the airport we stopped at Treasure Island for another scenic view of the city. I don't get good far away shots on my camera, or I just haven't learned how to yet. Here's a part of the Bay Bridge and a last look at San Francisco. It is such a beautiful city with so much to do. I hope it doesn't take me another 15 years before I get back for a visit.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog can't wait to see your new adventures and the progress of your quilts!

    ReplyDelete