Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

Between my trip to California and my upcoming move I haven't had much time to work on my projects lately. I haven't touched my sewing machine in a couple of weeks, but I have been doing a little hand appliqué the past few evenings when I've tuned in to watch the Olympics. Last night I finished this block.

The block is Summer Plume and it's from the quilt Thru Grandmother's Window by Piece O' Cake Designs. There are 12 blocks and this is the 7th that I've completed so far. You can see the rest of my blocks here.

Since I'm not going to have a lot of space in the apartment, I've been trying to decide which projects to take with me to work on. My friend Olive suggested that I make kits of my projects to make them more portable and easier to work on once I get there. I think this is a fantastic idea and have a couple of projects ready to go. I've got the rest of the blocks for TGW "kitted" and ready as well as two other appliqué quilt projects. I'm not sure I'll get that much hand appliqué done over the next year, but I'll certainly have a variety of things to work on. Here's a pic of some orange fabrics that I'll be using in one of the projects. Orange is not something I've used much before. This quilt will surely change that. What do you think they could be for? I'll post pics as I use them.


I'm also taking a couple of pieced quilt kits that I bought a couple years back. I think they've been gathering dust long enough and since they're already in kit form I didn't have to spend a lot of time cutting.

The hardest part now is deciding what supplies to take. I know I won't NEED every ruler I own, but they sure make my life easier. Hmmm, I'll have to think on this one just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment