Friday, August 1, 2008

Dim Sum and Then Some

Spending a few days in San Francisco visiting with family. The weather has been beautiful. A little foggy at times, but mostly sunny and warm which is unusual for this time of year.

Being such a multi-cultural city there is such wonderful, wonderful food. On Wednesday we had lunch at El Zocalo, an El Salvadoran restaurant. I had pupusas for the first time.  One was chicken and cheese and the other just plain cheese. They were delicious. The other items are an El Salvadoran-style tostada and a meat-filled empanadita. Mmmmm.


Yesterday, we had lunch at Ton Kiang, a dim sum restaurant.  I had never had dim sum before. Didn't even know what it was. I thought it was just the name of an Asian dish as I had only heard people say, "Have you had dim sum?" Now I realize it's the Asian equivalent of tapas. I tried so many things and don't remember the names of everything, but it was all wonderful. Here's a pic of my mom and sister standing in front of the restaurant. If you go to San Francisco you definitely have to eat here.

No comments:

Post a Comment