Monday, August 4, 2008

Another One Rides The Bus

On Friday, we went to lunch at Chava's, my favorite Mexican restaurant in San Francisco. Okay, I've only eaten there once before (the last time I visited San Francisco about 15 years ago), but it's still my favorite. This was the "new" Chava's as the "old" one burned down. They have several beautiful murals inside. This is one of them. I promise this blog won't just be about food and restaurants, but there are so many good places to eat in San Francisco, how could I not mention them?


After lunch we took a tour on the top of a double-decker bus! We got on and off the tour at the de Young Museum. We didn't go inside (maybe next time), but there were a lot of interesting sculptures outside to look at while we were waiting for the bus. It was so much fun. It was a little cold and windy crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, but other than that we couldn't have asked for better weather. I know I'm not going to remember everywhere the bus went, but we went by Fisherman's Wharf, The Ferry Building, Union Square, North Beach, The Presidio, and we crossed the Golden Gate for some beautiful views of SF from across the bay. You can see Mom, Bob and Bri on the top of the bus. It was hard to get good pictures from the top of a moving bus. I took a lot of pics, but most of them aren't exactly blog-worthy. Here's the Golden Gate taken from one end. Looking back through the tower you can see the other tower. I was so close to getting that dead center. Missed it by that much. Oh well, I'll just have to go back some day and try it again!

I really like this pic of the Painted Ladies because of how much of SF you can see in the background. I wonder if the people who live there get tired of tour buses passing by their homes umpteen times a day.

I'll finish my San Francisco trip in my next post. It took a while to put this one together because I'm still not that good at getting the images to go where I want them.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet. That mural looks a little like a Rivera...

    Great shots!
    There's nothing wrong with bloggin bout food. Food=Entertainment LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that Audio Guy as I thought the same thing. It looks even more like a Rivera when you take a look at this:

    http://moderato.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/diego.jpg


    Now I really wish I'd gotten pics of the other murals. I wonder if they were all adaptations of Rivera's works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!
    That's totally what I was thinking of!

    ReplyDelete