Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 3 - Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down

Well, not really, but it is Monday and it rained most of the day. I'm really starting to lose it I don't mind it. After all, it's not like I'm having to walk around in it. Much.

Since we'd been out late the last two nights, we decided that today would be a "catch-up" day. The plan was to get up when we felt like it, drive, eat lunch wherever, drive, arrive at Little Rock, eat dinner and get to bed early so that we could get an early start on Tuesday. Things went very much according to plan. Because of this, there's not too much to report for today.

We did hit rain almost the entire day. We stopped for lunch at Garfield's in Fort Smith, AR. We don't have these in Albuquerque. The food was good, but what really caught my eye was the tile floor. I guess since I haven't been working on projects much for the past couple of weeks, I'm seeing quilt patterns everywhere. I felt a little funny whipping out my camera to take a picture of the floor in the lobby, but I knew I'd forget what it looked like before I made it out to the car to sketch it. It's much easier to break down the units this way anyway.

We arrived in Little Rock, checked into the hotel and started looking for a place to eat that was close by. I found a place called Shorty Small's about a mile or so away from the hotel. Our food was awesome! Rich had ribs and I had a pulled pork sandwich. Rich has declared this his new favorite "rib place." For those of you who know my husband, you know that's saying a lot. For dessert, Rich tried the house specialty - Deep-Fried Twinkies. I had a bite. I don't like Twinkies all that much, but it was much better than I expected.

I'm sure there's a lot to do in Little Rock, but we got in without much daylight left and wanted to get an early start on Tuesday. So we turned in early.

2 comments:

  1. Deep-Fried Twinkies? My kinda of place! Now you folks just need to head to Durham NC to try Eastern Carolina pulled pork - yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! We'll add that to our list of things to do in the near future.

    ReplyDelete