Friday, April 17, 2009

National Acrobats of China

Rich and I went to see the National Acrobats of China at the George Mason University Center for the Arts.    What's surprising is that they don't have their own website. They have a management company that represents them and you can see a few pictures here from their website. I tried to find some videos, but all the ones that I saw on youtube were of really poor quality. Anyway, they were absolutely amazing. This troupe of jugglers, gymnasts, bicyclists, contortionists, plate-spinners, and martial artists performed non-stop for about an hour and a half. They were amazing and fun to watch. I can't begin to imagine the amount of training and rehearsing that goes into performing these acts.

GMU was not that far of a drive and they have a wonderful arts center with a really great schedule of performances. I wish I'd heard about this venue sooner. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment