Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Blocks Done

I haven't done a lot of piecing since I've been here. I just can't seem to get set up in a way that I'm comfortable. When I came out here I was in the middle of 5 BOM projects. Four are pieced and one is hand appliqué (the Thru Grandmother's Window blocks that are all complete, even if the quilt is not). The past couple of weeks I went through each BOM one at a time and cut all the pieces for the remaining squares. Since my sewing table doubles as my cutting table, I'm hoping that by doing this I'll be able to spend a lot more time piecing now and a lot less time converting back and forth.

It seems to be working. The past couple of days I've finished the last blocks for a BOM called Woven Ribbons. There are two of each of these 9" blocks:




Even though all the blocks are now done (there are a total of 18, I'll post a picture of all of them together at a later time), I won't be able to finish this one for a bit. The pattern comes from the book Better by the Dozen by Susan Teegarden Dissmore. The pieced sashing is a little involved and I don't yet have fabric for it. It's a long story that I won't go into here. Let's just say that I'm not happy with my LQS for abandoning this BOM before it was all complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment