Friday, April 13, 2012

SBS - New Mexico

The block I chose this week is called New Mexico. The more I work with little pieces, the more I realize I need more practice working with little pieces. The rail fence blocks were actually paper-pieced in long strips and then sub-cut. The same with the nine patch blocks. That helped quite a bit since this is basically a 25-patch block done in 6 inches. That makes for some tricky measurements.




I've mentioned before my journey with Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.  I'm glad to be back on track and am looking forward to having it done. This week's block is number 100! Only 40 more blocks to go! Some time ago I made a graph and have been inserting pictures of the blocks as I do them. Mostly I use this to keep track of the fabrics I'm using so that I don't use the same fabrics in blocks that are next to each other. But I also like seeing how the spaces are filling up. As I insert the pictures some of the blocks get cropped. I don't know why. But, you can get an idea of how this quilt is shaping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment