Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Capital Time

A couple of weeks back Rich and I thought it would be fun to see a hockey game. So, we looked up the Washington Capitals schedule, and of all the remaining regular season home games, there was only one that we'd be able to make it to. We bought tickets and went to see them play against the Montreal Canadiens.

We had so much fun! The Verizon Center was packed. I don't know if it was sold out or not but there weren't very many empty seats. It was a great crowd. I know very little about hockey, but the action was non-stop. The Caps are having a great season and were expected to win. And they did. IN DOUBLE OVERTIME! I can't begin to tell you how exciting that was.



(I dated this back when it happened, but at the time that I'm writing this, the Caps have just beaten the New York Rangers in the first round of the playoffs and will be facing the Pittsburgh Penguins in round two. GO CAPS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment