Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bonnie... and a milestone of sorts

I mentioned a couple of posts back, that there was no way that I'd miss the inauguration. There was a bit of a conflict though. You see, the quilt guild that I joined booked Bonnie Hunter to give a lecture and trunkshow on Inauguration Day.


I first found Bonnie's website about 3-1/2 years ago when I was finally able to devote a little more time to quilting. I love scrap quilts and she just made it all seem so simple. She has dozens of free patterns for scrap quilts up on her website. Even though I didn't have much in the way of scraps, I started following her Scrap User's System to better organize my scraps as I accumulated them. I also started using Leaders and Enders the way she did. I subscribed to her blog. I was so excited when she started giving lectures even though I knew that she probably wouldn't be traveling to New Mexico any time soon. I really hoped that I'd get to see her in person.


So, you can imagine how disappointed I was when I realized that I wasn't going to get to see her on Inauguration Day. Imagine the sigh of relief when I looked at her calendar and saw that she was going to be at another local guild two days later!


I was so excited to see her! I got there a little late because I took a wrong turn, but I don't think I missed much. Most of what was in her lecture I'd read either in her blog or on her website, but it was so great to hear her say these things instead of reading them. I'd seen all the quilts on the website, but pictures rarely do a quilt justice and to get to see them all up close was wonderful.


I bought her new book which I've been wanting since it came out last October. And, she even signed it for me.

Oh, the milestone? This is my 100th post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment