Monday, March 5, 2012

Fiesta de Talavera - Block 1



This is Fiesta de Talavera, an applique quilt pattern by J. Michelle Watts. I fell in love with it the second I saw it. It's being offered as a Block of the Month class at Southwest Decoratives in Albuquerque, NM and my friend Liz is teaching it. My friend Olive is taking the class. I wanted to take it too, but it's kind of a long commute from Virginia. So, I decided that I'd follow along as best I can. In class, Liz will be exploring different methods of applique, but I'm just going to stick with my favorite method - back basting. I like to get stitching as quick as possible and don't really like making templates or overlays. Yeah, I'm lazy. Here's my first block:


2 comments:

  1. Whoa! I neglected my reader for about two weeks and when I came back, you had posted about a zillion things! I like the new layout! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!

    ReplyDelete